When You Have The Spirit:
- You feel happy, calm, and clear-minded.
- You Feel Generous.
- Nobody can offend you.
- You wouldn't mind everybody seeing what you are doing.
- You are eager to be with people and want to make them happy.
- You are glad when others succeed.
- You are glad to attend you meetings and participate in church activities.
- You feel like praying.
- You wish you could keep all the Lord's commandments.
- You feel in control - you don't overeat oversleep too much; you don't feel uncontrollable passions or desires or lose your temper.
- You think about the Savior often and you want to know him better.
When You Don't Have The Spirit:
- You feel unhappy, depressed, confused and frustrated.
- You're positive, self centered, or resent demands made on you.
- You are easily offended.
- You become sensitive and evasive.
- You avoid people, especially members of your family; and you are critical of family members and church authorities.
- You envy or resent the success of others.
- You don't want to go to Church, go home teaching, or take the sacrament; you wish you had another church job or no job at all.
- You don't want to pray.
- You find the commandments bothersome, restricting, or senseless.
- You feel emotions and appetites so strongly, that you fear you cannot control them - hate, jealousy, anger, lust, hunger, fatigue.
- You hardly ever think of the Savior, he seems irrelevant to your life, or worse part of a confusing system that seems to work against you.
- You get discouraged easily and wonder if life is really worth it.